Dark Chocolate Fondue
This dark chocolate fondue recipe is as basic as they come. Simply gather cream, chocolate and a liqueur of your choice and you're ready to go.
I recommend cognac, but you can use anything, even non-alcoholic flavors such as coffee or vanilla.
Have a fondue party and enjoy an interactive evening with your guests.
Did you know that dark chocolate (in small amounts) is actually good for you as it contains anti-oxidant rich flavonoids and could help lower your cholesterol levels... Who said eating dessert was a bad thing?
Quick and Easy Chocolate
||Dark or Bittersweet Chocolate
||35% Cream (Whipping Cream)
Fresh Fruit and Dessert Bites as Dippers
1. In a double-boiler over low heat, melt the chocolate one handful at a time.
2. Add the cream and stir until warm and smooth but do not let it boil.
3. Add the cognac and keep stirring.
4. Once all the ingredients are warmed up and well mixed, transfer the mixture into your chocolate fondue pot.
5. If your mixture is too thick, add more cream or cognac. If the mixture is too runny, add more dark chocolate.
6. Light the unscented tealight.
7. Put a piece of fruit onto a fondue fork and dip it into the hot chocolate fondue.
8. Enjoy and repeat!
You can also enjoy a fondue party with a Nostalgia 3-Tier Chocolate Fondue Fountain.
There are more chocolate fondue recipes for you to choose from. Simply browse through the collection of recipes posted on our site to find them.
You can dunk all your favorite fruit in this tasty fondue. I recommend these fondue dippers:
- banana slices
- pear slices