Chicken Hot Oil
Do you like Korean cuisine?
How about a chicken oil fondue recipe that uses some of the flavor of Korean cooking?
You can impress your guests with this marinated chicken fondue recipe.
Korean Chicken Marinade
|30 ml||(2 tbsp)||Cold Water|
|30 ml||(2 tbsp)||Light Soy Sauce|
|5 ml||(1 tsp)||Fresh Ginger, Grated|
|2||Garlic Cloves, Minced|
|15 ml||(1 tbsp)||Green Onions, thinly sliced|
|5 ml||(1 tsp)||Sugar|
|10 ml||(2 tsp)||Toasted Sesame Seeds|
|0.5 kg||(1 lb)||Chicken, Sliced into Thin Stripes|
1. In a medium bowl, combine the water, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, green onions, sugar and sesame seeds.
2. Mix well.
3. Add the chicken strips and let them marinade in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
4. When your guests arrive, drain the remaining marinade and pat the chicken pieces dry with paper towels.
Note: Any remaining water or liquid will cause oil to splatter.
5. Heat your fondue oil to 175 to 190 degrees C (350 to 375 F).
6. Using your fondue fork, deep fry your chicken in the peanut oil of your fondue pot for a couple of minutes.
7. Once the chicken is cooked, remove your fork from the oil and let your chicken strip cool off a little bit.
8. Dip the cooked chicken into a fondue dip.
9. Enjoy and repeat!
Safety Tip for your Oil Fondue
Remember to be careful when having a hot oil fondue. Oil splatters are frequent and therefore the fondue pot should not be filled to more than 1/2 its capacity.
Make sure to get the right equipment for this oil fondue recipe.
Have your say about what you just read! Leave your comments in the box below.