Delicious Veal Fondue Meatballs
Yet another option for your fondue party. Try these delicious veal fondue meatballs and impress your guests!
They are perfect for hot oil fondue (also called fondue bourguignonne).
|15 ml||(1 tbsp)||Vegetable oil|
|2||Garlic cloves, finely chopped|
|60 ml||(1/4 cup)||Fresh tomato, diced|
|5 ml||(1 tsp)||Fresh basil, finely chopped|
|15 ml||(1 tbsp)||Fresh parsley, finely chopped|
|450 g||(1 lb)||Ground veal|
|225 g||(1/2 lb)||Camembert cheese, thinly diced|
|Salt and pepper to taste|
1. Warm the vegetable oil in a pan and add the garlic, tomato, basil and parsley.
2. Cook these ingredients for about three minutes then turn off the heat and let cool.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the egg and mix the veal and the contents of the pan.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Using a piece of cheese as the center, shape the ground veal mixture into balls.
6. Keep the meatballs refrigerated until fondue time.
7. Heat the peanut oil in your fondue pot. Make sure to not fill it to more than 1/2 of its capacity.
8. Let your meatball cook into the hot oil for a few minutes.
9. Once cooked, remove from the oil and let cool for a few minutes.
10. Enjoy and repeat!
This recipe should make about 25 to 30 meatballs. Make sure to use the special brass wire skimmers for meatball fondue. These items (as shown on the right) can be found in most Asian grocery stores.
Make sure that the tool you use will easily fit into your fondue pot and won't become a safety hazard for your guests!
Don't forget to prepare at least three dips to accompany your fondue meatballs.
Have your say about what you just read! Leave your comments in the box below.