Your email will be kept private.
Fun with Fondue is our monthly newsletter filled with fondue tips and ideas.
Download the first book in this steamy saga for FREE (and read it with your partner).
This cheddar cheese fondue recipe will remind you of the traditional cheese fondue recipe with dry white wine and garlic taste but it uses cheddar cheese instead of the more typical Swiss cheeses.
You can adjust the taste a little by choosing extra old cheddar or mild cheddar and mozzarella will soften the overall flavor. Feel free to add another fondue cheese of your choice to mix things up!
Take out your fondue set and let's make cheese fondue!
1. Shred the cheddar and mozzarella and place in a medium bowl.
2. Add the flour and mix well. Set aside.
3. Turn on the burner on medium and heat up the wine in the fondue pot. Do not let it boil.
4. Add the garlic, salt and pepper and mix well.
5. Add the cheese mixture gradually, one hand full at a time. Let it melt before adding more. Stir constantly.
6. Once all the cheese is melted, taste and add spices if needed. If the mixture is too runny, add more cheese. If the fondue mixture is too hard, add more wine.
7. Dip your pieces of bread and other dippers into the delicious cheese fondue.
8. Enjoy and repeat. Keep stirring the cheese throughout your fondue event
For those thinking about buying a fondue pot, I recommend the Swissmar FE1002 AlpenGlow 11-piece Electric Fondue Set.
The electric cast-iron hotplate with bulb simulates a flickering flame, so it adds to your decor while reducing the safety risks associated with having fondue.
You can use it for any cheese fondue.
Have your say about what you just read! Leave your comments in the box below.
Home - Sitemap - Privacy & Cookies - Contact - About - Latest - Links
© 2007-2016 All Rights Reserved Worldwide - Website by CCSL