Beer Cheese Fondue Recipe
with German Smoked Cheese
This beer cheese fondue recipe will surprise you with its German smoked cheese and German mustard. It is still similar to the traditional Swiss cheese fondue as it contains Emmental cheese but it also has beer instead of wine.
Are you ready to experiment and try this German meet Swiss cheese fondue recipe?
Cheese Fondue with Beer
||Clove of Garlic
||Light Ale or Other Beer
||Smoked German Cheese, Shredded
||Emmental Cheese, Shredded
||Salt and Pepper
||Dippers: bread, toast, vegetables, etc.
1. Cut the clove of garlic in half and rub each half inside the fondue pot. Discard the garlic when done.
2. Pour the beer into the cheese fondue pot
and turn on the power or burner.
3. Let the beer warm up without boiling.
4. Reduce to low heat and add the cheese one hand full at a time. Let the cheese melt prior to adding more cheese.
5. With a wooden spoon, mix well and stir regularly.
6. Add the remaining ingredients (except the dippers).
7. Add salt and pepper to taste.
8. If the mixture is too hard, add warm beer. If the mixture is too soft, add cheese.
9. Dip your pieces of bread and other dippers into the delicious cheese.
10. Enjoy and repeat. Keep stirring the cheese throughout your fondue meal.
Cheese Fondue Pot Only?
If you don't already have a fondue pot for this beer cheese fondue recipe, you may want to consider getting a versatile fondue pot that you can use for chocolate fondue, cheese fondue and meat fondue in either hot oil or broth.
I recommend the Trudeau Alto 3 In 1 Electric Fondue Set shown on the right (Canada and USA only). In addition to being versatile, it is also electric and you will not need to buy fondue fuel.