Beer and Cheese Fondue
This beer and cheese fondue recipe is very similar to the traditional Swiss cheese fondue except that it contains beer instead of wine or other liqueurs.
Are you ready to experiment and try this traditional Swiss cheese fondue recipe with a twist?
Cheese Fondue with Beer
||Clove of Garlic
||Dark Ale or Other Beer
||Emmental Cheese, Shredded
||(1 1/2 cups)
||Gruyère Cheese, Shredded
||Appenzeller Cheese, Shredded
Assortment of Dippers
1. Cut the clove of garlic in half and rub each half inside the fondue pot. Discard the garlic when done.
2. Pour the beer into the cheese fondue pot and turn on the power or light the burner.
3. Let the beer warm up without boiling.
4. Reduce to low heat, mix the corn starch with cheese, and add the cheese one hand full at a time. Let the cheese melt prior to adding more cheese.
5. With a wooden spoon, mix well and stir regularly.
6. Add the remaining ingredients.
7. Add pepper and hot sauce to taste.
8. If the mixture is too hard, add warm beer. If the mixture is too soft, add cheese.
9. Dip your pieces of bread and other dippers into the delicious cheese.
10. Enjoy and repeat! Using your dippers or a stir stick, keep stirring the cheese throughout your fondue event.
Dippers for Your Beer And Cheese Fondue
Here are a few dippers that you can use with this cheese fondue recipe. You can dunk pieces of bread, toast, ham, mini sausages or some steamed vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, or potatoes. There is no limit to what your imagination can come up with!
Make sure to get the right equipment for your beer and cheese fondue. I recommend the Trudeau Alto 3 In 1 Electric Fondue Set as an affordable pot that can be used for all kinds of fondue.