Seafood Fondue Recipe
In Hot Oil
This seafood fondue recipe page includes a hot oil fondue recipe with lots of seafood and links to several other fish fondue, lobster fondue, crab fondue or shrimp fondue recipes.
Fondue bourguignonne or hot oil fondue is a delicious way to enjoy fish and seafood but you must be careful with the fondue pot that is filled with hot oil! If you want to enjoy seafood fondue with fewer calories, you can also try seafood fondue in broth.
Fish and Shrimp Fondue in Hot Oil
|250 g||(1/2 lb)||Salmon|
|250 g||(1/2 lb)||Swordfish|
|250 g||(1/2 lb)||Shrimp|
|250 g||(1/2 lb)||Scallops|
|500 ml||(2 cups)||Peanut Oil|
1. Rinse the fish and seafood and cut into bite-size pieces.
2. Arrange the seafood and fish on separate serving plates and keep refrigerated until fondue time.
3. Carefully pour enough oil to fill up to 1/2 or 2/3 of your fondue pot. Make sure that your pot can withstand the high temperatures associated with hot-oil fondue.
4. Carefully light the fondue burner and adjust the heat.
5. Place your dippers on a fondue fork, then fry in the fondue pot for about 1 minute or so.
6. Let it cool on your plate for a few seconds.
7. Transfer onto a regular fork and dip into one of the seafood dips.
8. Enjoy and repeat!
You can serve this hot-oil fondue with a side salad and rice. There are more seafood fondue recipes for you to choose from on the left of this page and here:
Share YOUR Best Seafood Fondue Recipe
Do you have a favorite seafood fondue recipe? Share it with other fondue fans!
What Other Fondue Fans Have Posted
Click below to see what other fondue fans have posted...