Peanut Butter Fondue
This peanut butter fondue recipe contains peanut butter, obviously...
So if you are allergic to peanuts or if any of your guests are allergic to any nuts, do NOT serve this particular fondue. Nowadays, peanut allergies are very common and the effects are really serious.
I highly recommend that you check with each one of your guests before putting this particular fondue recipe on the menu.
Feel free to browse through our navigation sub-menu to find a peanut-free dessert recipes.
Peanut Butter and Cocoa Recipe - Fondue
||Peanut Butter, Smooth
||(1 1/2 tsp)
Assortment of Dippers
1. In a small saucepan, bring the honey and cream to a boil while stirring constantly.
2. Reduce the heat and add the peanut butter.
3. Mix well. After the peanut butter has melted, you may need to add more cream (if it's too thick) or more peanut butter (if it's too runny).
4. Pour the peanut butter mixture into your chocolate fondue pot and light the candle.
5. Add the cinnamon and cocoa and mix well.
6. Dip bite-sized pieces of various dippers.
7. Enjoy and repeat but no double-dipping!
Note: You will likely notice oil raising to the surface. To remove** it (and reduce the number of calories for this dessert), use a clean paper towel, and gently place a corner where the oil pools. The oil will climb up the paper towel. Tear that oily piece away, and repeat until you've removed most of the excess oil.
** You may want to do this in the kitchen before bringing it out for your guests to eat! **
To accompany this peanut butter fondue dipping sauce, try some of these dippers:
- Apple slices
- Banana slices
- Kiwi slices
- Coconut macaroons
- Milk chocolate squares
- Banana bread
If you liked this peanut butter fondue recipe, you may also like these other dessert fondue recipes.