Tempura Batter for your
Hot Oil Fondue Recipe
Want to combine Japanese cuisine with a hot oil fondue recipe?
Go ahead and try this light and crispy tempura batter for your next seafood or vegetarian hot oil fondue.
You'll love the taste.
Shrimp and Veggie Tempura Batter
|125 ml||(1/2 cup)||White Flour|
|125 ml||(1/2 cup)||Corn Starch|
|5 ml||(1 tsp)||Sugar|
|5 ml||(1 tsp)||Baking Powder|
|5 ml||(1 tsp)||Baking Soda|
|2 ml||(1/2 tsp)||Salt|
|160 ml||(2/3 cup)||Water|
|Shrimp and Veggies to Dip|
1. Sift the flour, corn starch, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
2. In a large bowl, combine the egg and water.
3. Add the dry ingredient to the bowl and mix until blended but lumpy.
4. Dip your shrimp and veggies one by one into the bowl and coat them with the batter.
5. Using your fondue fork, deep fry your battered shrimp and veggies in the peanut oil of your .
6. Once the batter turns golden, remove the shrimp and veggies from the oil and let them drain on paper towels to absorb some of the fat.
7. Dip the cooked shrimp and veggies into a fondue fondue dip.
8. Enjoy and repeat!
Safety Tip for your Oil Fondue
Remember to be careful when having a hot oil fondue. Oil splatters are frequent and therefore the fondue pot should not be filled to more than 1/2 its capacity.
Make sure to get the right equipment for your hot oil fondue recipe.
Have your say about what you just read! Leave your comments in the box below.