Chocolate Fondue Fountain Recipes
Chocolate fondue fountains are always big hits at gatherings. You can use chocolate fondue fountain recipes or buy pre-mixed chocolate for fondue fountain.
If you don't have a chocolate fountain yet, I recommend the Wilton 2104-9008 Chocolate Pro 3-Tier Chocolate Fountain or
Sephra 16'' Select Home Fondue Fountain Brushed Stainless Steel
if you only intend on using it at home.
You can find out more about this model and even purchase it online by clicking on the previous link or the above picture.
For those who require a more "commercial" fountain, i.e., if you are a caterer or intend on using it a lot and serve a lot of people, you can purchase the
Sephra THE AZTEC 27" Commercial Chocolate Fountain, shown on the right.
Chocolate Fondue in a Fountain
You will need plenty of pieces of fresh fruit or bite-sized dessert as dippers. Make sure to read the instructions that came with your chocolate fountain before your event. You will need to melt the chocolate ahead of time, and I recommend that you do it at low power in a microwave.
You will need 125 ml (1/2 cup) of vegetable oil per 0.5 kg (1 lb) of chocolate unless you buy pre-mixed chocolate for fondue fountains.
- In a microwavable Ziploc bag, place the required amount of chocolate with the appropriate quantity of chocolate. You can do this in a few batches if you want.
- Set your microwave to LOW heat and warm up the bag with chocolate and oil. It shouldn't be fully melted by the end.
- Carefully take out the bag with oven mitts and "stir" the mix by massaging the bag.
- Return to the microwave and heat on LOW heat for another minute or two, depending on the power of your microwave.
- Never let your chocolate come to a boil. If your mix is too hard, add more oil, if it's too runny, add more chocolate.
- Transfer to your fondue fountain and turn it on.
Put a dipper onto a bamboo skewer or fondue fork and dip it into the hot wall of chocolate.
- Enjoy and repeat but no double-dipping.
- Make sure to leave lots of napkins and plates nearby.
- You should have a person in charge of monitoring the chocolate fountain at all times.
- If anything falls into the fountain, you must immediately turn it off and take the item out. If you don't, it will likely stall the pump mechanism.
- Don't let people use their fingers to touch the chocolate.
Pre-Mixed Chocolate Fondue Fountain Recipes
There is also pre-mixed chocolate for fondue fountains that you can purchase such as the following: