Your email will be kept private.
Fun with Fondue is our monthly newsletter filled with fondue tips and ideas.
Traditions are great, especially this Welsh Rarebit recipe, which is a version of a beer cheddar fondue recipe.
If you want to make this fondue alcohol free, simply substitute 250 ml of milk (1 cup) for the beer and replace the cayenne pepper/dry mustard with nutmeg.
1. Melt the butter in the cheese fondue pot.
2. Add beer and warm it up without bringing it to a boil.
3. Reduce heat. Mix the shredded cheese with flour, and gradually add the cheese/flour mixture.
4. Mix with wooden spoon and let it melt. Keep adding more cheese until all of it is melted.
5. Add remaining ingredients.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. If the mixture is too hard, add beer. If the mixture is too soft, add cheese.
8. Dip toast into the melted cheese.
9. Let the toast cool off for a few seconds, then enjoy and repeat but no double-dipping!
Note: This Welsh dish was invented centuries ago but instead of dipping the toast in the fondue, the cheese was poured onto the toast... I say potato, you say potato.
Have your say about what you just read! Leave your comments in the box below.
Home - Sitemap - Privacy & Cookies - Contact - About - Latest - Links
© 2007-2016 All Rights Reserved Worldwide - Website by CCSL