Swiss Cheese Fondue
This delicious Swiss cheese fondue recipe will please your guests. It's time to dig out your cheese fondue pot, some fresh tomatoes, white wine and Kirsch and get started!
This recipe can be used as an appetizer or as the main entree. Make sure to have plenty of bread pieces and steamed vegetables to dip.
Tomato Cheese Fondue
||Garlic clove, cut in half
||Swiss cheese, grated
||Fresh tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
Assortment of Dippers
1. Rub the garlic on the inside of your cheese fondue pot then discard.
2. Warm up the wine and lemon juice on low heat. Do not let it boil.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the cheese and flour.
4. Gradually add the cheese mixture to the pot, one handful at a time.
5. When all the cheese has melted, add the Kirsch, pepper, salt and nutmeg to your cheese fondue pot.
6. Add the tomato pieces on top and you're ready to serve your fondue to your guests.
7. Dip pieces of bread and other dippers into the delicious cheese.
8. Enjoy and repeat! Make sure to keep stirring the cheese.
Dippers for Cheese Fondue
If you don't know what to dip in this Swiss cheese fondue, here are a few dippers that you can use with this fondue recipe:
- French Bread
- Steamed broccoli
- Pieces of pita bread
Use your imagination and have fun discovering other delicious dippers for your cheese fondue! Make sure to get the right fondue equipment for your Swiss cheese fondue.
If you don't already have a cheese fondue pot
you may want to consider getting a versatile fondue pot that can be used for chocolate fondue, cheese fondue and meat fondue in either hot oil or broth. I recommend the electrical pot shown on the right.
Learn more about the Trudeau Alto 3 In 1 Electric Fondue Set