Oil Fondue Recipes
Oil fondue recipes are fairly easy to prepare. The important thing to remember is that you will need to be extremely careful while enjoying these delicious meat fondue recipes. After all, a pot of boiling oil will be sitting on the table... Bad things could happen.
Any hot oil fondue recipe will also require dips to dunk your cooked meat into before eating it. I recommend a minimum of 3 dips to ensure your guests find at least one that they really like. Try these hot oil fondue dips.
It's time to dig out your fondue set or buy a fondue pot if you don't have one.
How to Make Fondue with Oil
This will probably be the simplest fondue recipe you will ever see... The quantities of meat are for 4 to 6 people. You may want to serve it with rice, salad and side dishes.
You must ensure that you use the right type of fondue equipment. You wouldn't want your pot to break under extreme heat... And a candle lit fondue pot will not provide enough steady heat to warm up the oil... Learn more about the right fondue equipment here.
|450 g||(1 lb)||Tender Cut of Beef|
|450 g||(1 lb)||Chicken Breast, Skinless and Boneless|
|Peanut or Canola Oil|
1. Cut the beef and chicken into bite-sized pieces. Keep them refrigerated until fondue time.
2. Fill your pot to no more than 1/2 to 2/3 of its capacity with oil to prevent hot oil from splattering.
3. In your fondue pot, warm up the oil until it reaches a temperature of 180 to 190 C (350 to 375 F).
4. Place a piece of meat on the fondue fork.
5. Leave it in the hot oil until the meat is cooked.
6. Let your hot meat cool off for a few seconds, dip your cooked meat into the dip of your choice and eat.
Note: You should keep your meat "dry" as any blood or water could make the oil splatter.
Fondue Pot for Oil Fondue Recipes
Maintaining the right oil temperature is easy with an electrical fondue pot. You only have to make sure that the cord is out of the way so your guests don't trip on it. Most electrical fondue pots have a short cord, so always serve fondue on a table near the electrical outlet
I recommend the Trudeau 3-in-1 Fondue Set shown here. No more fire hazard!
Learn more about the Trudeau 3-in-1 Fondue Set.
Have your say about what you just read! Leave your comments in the box below.