Mushroom and Cheese Fondue
I don't know how I came across this mushroom and cheese recipe but it's really good, especially if you like Brie fondue.
Stuff you'll need:
- a cheese fondue pot
- lots of bread dippers
- 25 g (about 1 oz) dried Porcini mushrooms soaked in a cup of water to soften (keep water)
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) margarine or butter
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) onions, diced
- 225 g (8 oz) shiitake mushroom tops, diced
- 250 ml (1 cup) dry white wine
- 450 g (1 lb) Brie cheese, cubed
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) flour
How to make cheese fondue:
1- Once the Porcini mushrooms are soft, cut into small cubes and strain the water (set aside).
2- In a medium pot, melt margarine and brown the onions with the shiitake mushrooms for about 3 minutes.
3- Add the porcini mushrooms and water and simmer until all the water evaporates.
4- Add wine and reduce heat to medium.
5- In a separate bowl, cover the cheese with the flour, then melt it gradually into the warm wine and mushroom mixture.
6- Mix well until it's all melted and season to taste (salt, pepper, chili pepper, etc.)
7- Transfer to a warm fondue pot and dip pieces of bread into the pot.
There you have it: a delicious mushroom and cheese fondue recipe.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Your Best Cheese Fondue Recipe.