Mushroom and Cheese Fondue
I don't know how I came across this mushroom and cheese recipe but it's really good, especially if you like Brie fondue.
Stuff you'll need:
- a cheese fondue pot
- lots of bread dippers
- 25 g (about 1 oz) dried Porcini mushrooms soaked in a cup of water to soften (keep water)
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) margarine or butter
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) onions, diced
- 225 g (8 oz) shiitake mushroom tops, diced
- 250 ml (1 cup) dry white wine
- 450 g (1 lb) Brie cheese, cubed
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) flour
How to make cheese fondue:
1- Once the Porcini mushrooms are soft, cut into small cubes and strain the water (set aside).
2- In a medium pot, melt margarine and brown the onions with the shiitake mushrooms for about 3 minutes.
3- Add the porcini mushrooms and water and simmer until all the water evaporates.
4- Add wine and reduce heat to medium.
5- In a separate bowl, cover the cheese with the flour, then melt it gradually into the warm wine and mushroom mixture.
6- Mix well until it's all melted and season to taste (salt, pepper, chili pepper, etc.)
7- Transfer to a warm fondue pot and dip pieces of bread into the pot.
There you have it: a delicious mushroom and cheese fondue recipe.