Make Cheese Fondue...
Do you want to impress your friends and family? Learn how to make cheese fondue from scratch. While there are many cheese fondue recipes out there, this one is pretty straight forward. It contains gruyere cheese, cream cheese and Parmesan.
You could serve it with traditional bread dippers, but I recommend cooked new potatoes.
Wash about 1 kg (2 lbs) of small new potatoes and cut them in bite-sized pieces. Boil them (unpeeled) in salted water until tender then cover the cooked potatoes with 15 ml (1 tbsp) of olive oil and set aside.
Are you ready to make cheese fondue? Let's get started!
Cheese Fondue Recipe
|15 ml||(1 tbsp)||Olive Oil|
|150 ml||(3/4 cup)||Diced Onions|
|340 g||(12 oz)||Softened Cream Cheese|
|375 ml||(1 1/2 cups)||Whipping Cream (Heavy Cream)|
|375 ml||(1 1/2 cups)||Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese|
|160 ml||(3/4 cup)||Grated Gruyere Cheese|
|1 ml||(1/4 tsp)||Nutmeg Powder|
|1 ml||(1/4 tsp)||Garlic Powder|
|To Taste||Salt and Pepper|
|Cooked (but still firm) potatoes as Dippers (see above)|
1. In a medium pot, warm the olive oil and brown the onions until tender (3 to 4 minutes).
2. Gradually add the cream cheese, cream, Parmesan and Gruyere cheese until the mixture is smooth and all components have melted.
3. Add the garlic powder, nutmeg and salt and pepper and once all the ingredients are warmed up and well mixed, transfer the mixture into your fondue pot.
4. If your mixture is too thick, add more cream. If the mixture is too runny, add cheese.
5. Light the and adjust the heat to maintain the cheese fondue warm but not too hot.
6. Put a piece of potato onto a fondue fork and dip it into the cheese mixture.
7. Enjoy and repeat but no double-dipping!
There are many more easy cheese fondue recipes for you to choose from. Each of these recipes will teach you step-by-step how to make cheese fondue. You can find these recipes on the left side of your screen.
Have your say about what you just read! Leave your comments in the box below.