Fruit Fondue Recipe
This fruit fondue recipe contains blackberries and is a variation on the strawberry fondue recipe.
You can explore other possibilities by substituting blackberries by whatever you happen to have in your kitchen tonight.
||Fresh or Frozen Blackberries
Assortment of Dippers
1. In a saucepan over low heat, heat the blackberries with the sugar.
2. Stir well and add the lemon juice.
3. Puree the fruit mixture in a blender and set aside for now.
4. Clean the saucepan and mix the whipping cream with half the white chocolate over low heat.
5. Stir constantly and ensure the chocolate mixture does not boil.
6. Add the blackberry puree and the remaining white chocolate.
7. In a separate bowl, mix the water with the cornstarch.
8. Add the cornstarch/water to the saucepan.
9. Stir well and let the mixture thicken.
10. Pour the blackberry fondue into a warm dessert fondue pot.
11. Dip bite-sized pieces of various dippers.
12. Enjoy and repeat but no double-dipping!
Typically, the fruit pieces are dipped into chocolate fondue. This time, feel free to dip chocolate, fruit or other dessert into the blackberry fondue. Try these:
- Apple slices
- Small chocolate squares
- Vanilla or chocolate wafers
- Pound cake pieces
- Doughnut pieces