Your email will be kept private.
Fun with Fondue is our monthly newsletter filled with fondue tips and ideas.
Fondue Prawn: two words they are perfectly suited for each other. This prawn fondue recipe is an easy cheese fondue recipe that you can make at home.
Do you have seafood fondue fans amongst your circle of friends? They will love it! If you don't have prawn, simply use shrimp instead in the recipe below.
1. In a pot over high heat, cook the prawns in boiling salted water until they turn pink.
2. Let them cool for a few minutes, then peel the shell and legs off and de-vein.
3. In a pot over low heat, melt the butter.
4. Add the salt and flour and cook until bubbles start to form.
5. Add the light cream gradually and cook until the mixture is smooth and thick.
6. Gradually add the Romano cheese (handful at a time) and mix thoroughly until it's all melted.
7. Add the sherry and spices and mix well. If the mixture is too thin, add more cheese. If it's too thick, add more cream or liqueur.
8. Cut up the half the prawns into small pieces and mix into the cheese fondue and keep the other half as dippers.
9. Transfer the mixture into your cheese fondue pot.
10. Carefully light the fondue burner
and adjust the heat to maintain the cheese fondue warm but not too hot.
11. Dip your pieces of bread, vegetables and seafood into the delicious prawn and cheese mixture.
12. Enjoy and repeat but no double-dipping!
Here are a few dippers that you can use with shrimp fondue recipes:
If you feel that something else would taste great in this easy cheese fondue recipe, go ahead and try it. The sky is the limit! Make sure to get the right equipment for your fondue prawn recipes.
There are more shrimp fondue recipes that include shrimp or prawn and they are listed on our sitemap.
Have your say about what you just read! Leave your comments in the box below.
Home - Sitemap - Privacy & Cookies - Contact - About - Latest - Links
© 2007-2016 All Rights Reserved Worldwide - Website by CCSL