Delicious Beef Fondue Broth
Want to cook like your grandma used to? This beef fondue broth recipe starts with the bones and is easy to make. Impress your guests tonight with this delicious homemade beef bouillon.
Feel free to improvise and add or remove some ingredients. For example, if you are watching your salt intake, you can adjust the quantity indicated below to make it salt-free.
Don't forget to prepare some great beef fondue dips ahead of time.
Beef Fondue Stock
|3.5 L||(15 cups)||Water|
|1.4 kg||(3 lbs)||Beef Bones with Meat|
|2||Garlic Cloves, chopped|
|2||Celery Stalks chopped|
|5 ml||(1 tsp)||Fresh Basil, finely chopped|
|2 ml||(1/2 tsp)||Salt|
|5 ml||(1 tsp)||Pepper|
1. Pour the water in a large pot and bring it to a boil.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil.
3. Once the soup is boiling, reduce the heat and let it simmer, uncovered for about 2 hours.
4. Remove any foam forming at the surface and stir every 15 minutes or so.
5. Taste and adjust salt and pepper (or add other spices) as needed.
6. After two hours, strain the broth and let it cool.
7. Leave the broth in the refrigerator until your guests arrive.
8. Before re-heating the beef broth on the stove, remove any fat that has solidified on the surface.
9. Bring the broth to a boil on the stove top.
10. Transfer the broth to your fondue pot and start dipping your slices of beef.
11. Enjoy and repeat!
Remember to use the right fondue equipment for this fondue broth.
I recommend the Trudeau Alto 3 In 1 Electric Fondue Set because it is very versatile. You can use it for broth fondue, oil fondue, cheese fondue or even chocolate fondue.
Unsure how to put the complete beef broth menu together or what to serve as appetizers and side dishes? Here's a complete beef broth fondue dinner menu, which includes all the recipes you'll need from appetizer all the way to dessert.
Have your say about what you just read! Leave your comments in the box below.