Crab Fondue Recipe With Cider
Do you like seafood? This crab fondue recipe is perfect for all seafood and cheese fondue lovers. It contains cider, so there is alcohol in it but you could use non-alcoholic cider if you wanted to.
Are you ready to enjoy seafood fondue at its finest? Take out your fondue equipment and let's get started.
Seafood Fondue with Crab Meat
|15 ml||(1 tbs)||Lemon Juice|
|2 ml||(1/2 tsp)||Brown Sugar|
|250 ml||(1 cup)||Hard Cider|
|0.5 kg||(1.1 lb)||Aged Cheddar Cheese, Shredded|
|15 ml||(1 tbsp)||Corn Starch|
|0.25 kg||(0.5 lb)||Crab Meat, Shredded|
|To Taste||Salt and Pepper|
|To Taste||Hot Sauce|
|French Bread Pieces as Dippers|
1. In a pot over low heat, mix the lemon juice, brown sugar and cider.
2. Gradually add the cheese a handful at a time and mix thoroughly.
3. Once all the cheese is melted, add the corn starch.
4. Transfer the mixture into your cheese fondue pot.
5. While you keep stirring the cheese fondue, warm the crab meat in the microwave and add it to the mixture with salt and pepper and hot sauce to taste.
6. Carefully light the fondue burner and adjust the heat to maintain the cheese fondue warm but not too hot.
7. Dip your pieces of bread into the delicious crab and cheese mixture.
8. Enjoy and repeat!
There are more crab recipes for you to choose from and they are listed on the left.
Have your say about what you just read! Leave your comments in the box below.