Cheddar Fondue Recipe
Are you looking for an alcohol-free fondue recipe? This cheddar fondue recipe is perfect for kids or those looking for alcohol-free cheese fondue alternatives.
Feel free to experiment with dippers. I recommend rye bread, French baguette, cooked shrimp, cooked ham, steamed broccoli and steamed cauliflower.
This thick and rich recipe should be plenty for 6 people.
Cheese Fondue Recipe
|1||Clove of Garlic, cut in half|
|500 ml||(2 cups)||Table Cream (18 to 30% fat)|
|15 ml||(1 Tbsp)||Worcestershire Sauce|
|10 ml||(2 tsp)||Dry Mustard|
|700 g||(1.5 lb)||Mild or Old Cheddar, Shredded|
|45 ml||(3 Tbsp)||Flour|
|To Taste||Salt and Pepper|
|Dippers: bread, cooked ham, cooked shrimp, steamed vegetables, etc.|
1. Rub garlic halves inside the fondue pot. Discard when done.
3. Warm up the cream mixture without boiling, then mix in the mustard.
4. Mix the cheese with the flour, then add to the pot, one hand full at a time. Let the cheese melt prior to adding more cheese.
5. With a wooden spoon, mix well.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Dip your pieces of bread and other dippers into this delicious cheddar fondue recipe.
Family-Friendly Cheese Fondue Recipes
Looking for more alcohol-free cheese fondue recipes? See a list of all alcohol-free cheese fondue recipes at the bottom of the left column.
If you want to serve this fondue to kids, it would be best to transfer some of the melted cheese mixture into a small dipping bowl for each child.
This way, they won't be near an open flame.
If the dip starts to solidy, you can microwave it on low heat for a few seconds.
Have your say about what you just read! Leave your comments in the box below.