Your email will be kept private.
Fun with Fondue is our monthly newsletter filled with fondue tips and ideas.
This caramel rum fondue recipe is relatively easy to make and will please your guests, especially if they are big caramel lovers like I am.
dessert fondue pot or buy the Gourmet Treat Dipper shown on the right and get cooking!
1. In a bowl, dilute the cornstarch into the rum and set aside.
2. In a small pot over medium heat, melt the granulated sugar until it is fully liquefied.
3. In a saucepan over low heat, mix the milk, egg yolks and cornstarch mixture.
4. Stir constantly until the mixture reaches a smooth consistency.
5. Add the boiling water to the liquefied sugar and mix well.
6. Pour the diluted sugar mixture into the saucepan. Your caramel mixture may solidify again.
7. Over low heat, continue stirring the caramel mixture until it is fully melted again.
8. Pour the content into your warm fondue pot and mix in the vanilla.
9. Dip bite-sized pieces of various dippers.
10. Enjoy and repeat but no double-dipping!
Note: If your fondue tends to solidify again, add a little more rum.
For this caramel fondue, try any of these fondue dippers:
RecipeDirect.Net - Your Complete Recipe SourceRecipes, Cooking Tips and Cooking Videos. We are a Network of families and friends pooling generations of knowledge and Recipes Direct from our family to yours.
Have your say about what you just read! Leave your comments in the box below.
Home - Sitemap - Privacy & Cookies - Contact - About - Latest - Links
© 2007-2016 All Rights Reserved Worldwide - Website by CCSL