Cider and Blue Cheese Fondue Recipe
This delicious blue cheese fondue recipe will please the blue cheese lovers amongst the crowd. This cheese fondue recipe also contains cider and pear eau-de-vie or pear Schnapps.
This recipe will make enough for four people and takes about 30 minutes to prepare.
Blue Cheese Fondue Recipe
|15 ml||(1 tbsp)||Onions, Thinly Chopped|
|375 ml||(1 1/2 cups)||Cider|
|560 g||(1 1/4 lb)||Gruyère Cheese, Shredded|
|150 g||(1/3 lb)||Fourme D'Ambert Cheese, Diced|
|15 ml||(1 tbsp)||Cornstarch|
|30 ml||(1 tbsp)||Pear Eau-De-Vie or Pear Schnapps (optional)|
|150 g||(1/3 lb)||Blue Cheese, Crumbled|
|To Taste||Salt and Pepper|
|Assortment of Dippers|
1. In a medium pot over low heat, cook the onion in the cider.
2. Mix the cornstarch with the gruyère cheese.
3. Gradually add the Fourme D'Ambert and Gruyère cheese, one handful at a time and mix until all the cheese is melted.
4. Add the liqueur to the pot.
5. Add the blue cheese into the pot and transfer the mixture into your cheese fondue pot. Add the extra crumbled blue cheese on top.
6. Carefully light the .
7. Add salt and pepper to taste and dip your pieces of bread and other dippers into the delicious cheese.
8. Enjoy and repeat! Make sure to keep stirring the cheese.
Here are a few dippers that you can use with these fondue recipes:
- French Bread
- Red Grapes
- Green Grapes
- Apple Slices
- Celery Stick
Use your imagination and have fun discovering other delicious dippers to go with your cheese fondue! Make sure to get the right equipment for this cheese fondue recipe.
If you don't already have a cheese fondue set, you may want to consider getting a versatile fondue pot that can be used for chocolate fondue, cheese fondue and meat fondue in either hot oil or broth. I recommend the pot shown on the right. In addition to being versatile, it is also electrical.
I recommend the as a multipurpose cheese fondue pot that would work great for this cheese fondue recipe.
Have your say about what you just read! Leave your comments in the box below.