Reuben Beer Fondue Recipe
This beer fondue recipe will remind you of the last Reuben sandwich you had.
This cheese fondue recipe contains most of the ingredients for the perfect Reuben and it also contains beer.
What's not to like?
It's time to go find that fondue pot!
Cheese Fondue with Beer
||(1 1/2 cups)
||(1 1/2 cups)
||Light Ale or Other Beer
||Gouda Cheese, Grated
||Salt and Pepper
||Reuben Sandwich Dippers: toasted rye bread, pastrami, corned beef, pickles, etc.
1. In a medium pot over medium heat, heat the olive oil.
2. Add the caraway seeds and stir frequently to prevent them from burning.
3. After a minute or so, add the sauerkraut, onion and flour. Mix and let them cook for about 6 minutes.
4. Add the beer and bring the heat down to low.
5. Keep mixing and once the mixture is simmering, start adding the cheese, one handful at a time until it is all melted.
6. Add the vinegar and mix well.
7. Transfer the beer fondue recipe into your cheese fondue pot.
8. Carefully light the fondue burner.
9. Add salt and pepper to taste.
10. If the mixture is too hard, add warm beer. If the mixture is too soft, add cheese.
11. Dip your pieces of bread and other dippers into the delicious cheese.
12. Enjoy and repeat! Make sure to keep stirring the cheese throughout your fondue event.
Fondue Pot for Cheese Fondue Only?
If you don't already have a pot for this beer fondue recipe, you may want to consider getting a versatile fondue pot that you can use for chocolate fondue, cheese fondue and meat fondue in either hot oil or broth. I recommend the pot shown on the right. In addition to being versatile, it is also electrical and you will not need to buy fondue fuel.
I recommend the Trudeau Alto 3 In 1 Electric Fondue Set
as a multipurpose cheese fondue pot that would work great for this cheese fondue recipe as well as all your chocolate fondue, hot oil and hot broth recipes.