Beef Fondue Recipe
This beef fondue recipe was my first experience with fondue. It's delicious and easy to prepare.
Making this broth is time consuming, so you will probably want to prepare the broth and your fondue dips before your guests arrive.
Fondue broth evaporates and gets absorbed into the meat, so you want to prepare enough to fill the equivalent of two pots for each fondue pot. This way, when the broth level drops, simply add some of the broth you have set aside and the fondue party goes on!
Fondue Beef Broth
|15 ml||(1 tbsp)||Vegetable oil|
|1||Garlic clove, crushed|
|1||Onion, finely chopped|
|250 ml||(1 cup)||Red wine|
|2 L||(8 cups)||Water*|
|1||Beef bouillon cube*|
|1||Celery stalk, finely chopped|
|1||Tomato, chopped (with or without seeds is fine)|
|2 ml||(1/2 tsp)||Freshly ground pepper|
|2 ml||(1/2 tsp)||Salt|
|150 g/person||1/3 lb/person||Thinly sliced beef for dipping|
* If using liquid broth, use 2L (8 cups) of broth instead of the water + bouillon cube.
1. In a large pot, heat the oil. Cook the garlic and onion until soft.
2. Add the wine, bring to a boil then add the beef bouillon cube and water OR prepared broth.
3. Lower the heat and add the vegetables and spices.
4. Cook on low heat for about 3 hours. Add more water as needed.
5. Filter the broth and refrigerate.
6. Prior to serving, remove the fat that has hardened on the surface.
7. Warm up the broth on the stove top.
8. Pour into your fondue pot and adjust the heat.
9. Roll a small piece of beef onto your fondue fork and cook for a few seconds or minutes, depending on how you like your meat.
10. Enjoy and repeat but no double-dipping!
Make sure to prepare at least three dips to accompany this beef fondue recipe. This way, your guests can decide if they want their beef a little spicier or not.
Unsure how to put the complete beef broth menu together or what to serve as appetizers and side dishes? Here's a complete beef broth fondue dinner menu, which includes all the recipes you'll need from appetizer all the way to dessert.
Have your say about what you just read! Leave your comments in the box below.